Monday 29 May 2017

Giuliano's on the Shore, Leith, Edinburgh


By the time we reached Giuliano's, we were rat arsed.  We had a few drinks at Malmaison and then a few more at The Ship on the Shore.  Both places were lovely.  We were well oiled and in need of some tasty food to soak up the alcohol.  On our way to the restaurant we had a wee wander around Leith and spotted these cute cygnets with their parents...


When we arrived, they were fully booked but we decided to wait for a table to become free.  Luckily, after only five minutes, we were shown to our table.  The restaurant is larger than it seems from the outside, and is decorated just as you would expect an Italian restaurant to be.  Our waiter was friendly and welcoming.  



We shared Antipasto Misto (£9.90) to start.  Everything on the platter was delicious. I love a platter!  




Alan had Lasagne (£9.90).  I knew he would.  He has it whenever it's on the menu.  I love lasagne but I feel that I could easily make it at home so it feels like a waste of an opportunity to experience something new if I choose it when I'm out.  I had Paccheri di Branzino (£10.50) which was delicious.  I was surprised, but delighted, that it came with a with a great big prawn.  The pasta was the best I've ever tasted.  It did a fantastic job of soaking up the alcohol and although the dish was fairly small, it was filling.  


I was glad to have left some space for pudding though.  I ordered Tiramisu (£5.50) and it was massive.  I must admit, I like a little more alcohol in mine and a bit more of a coffee flavour too but it was still really good.  

I would return here.  It had a nice atmosphere and the staff were really friendly.  





No comments:

Post a Comment