Sunday 18 June 2017

Wheatsheaf, London


After a wee trip up The Shard, we headed to Borough Market, where we saw all sorts of delicious things to eat.  We chatted to a lovely chap, who worked there selling Borough Market shopping bags, about the recent terrorist attack there.  I was pleased to see that it seemed to be thriving once again after this atrocity.  It could have happened anywhere.



It was busy and full of people and we were really just looking for somewhere quiet to sit down, have a pint, and satisfy our rumbling bellies.   Right next door, we stumbled upon the Wheatsheaf.  I'm glad that we did.  This quirky wee place has a lovely hipster pub vibe to it.  It has tire swings and old car seats to sit in the covered over outside area.  In the end, we settled down inside, which has slightly more of a traditional pub feel.  Long wooden tables with benches to sit on - that would do us nicely.  



We each had a pint of the local beer, the name of which escapes me, and it was very good.  Since it was Sunday, I ordered a roast.  Slow cooked brisket - yum!  Alan had roast chicken.  




Before long our food had arrived and our eyes lit up.  What was placed before us was way beyond our expectations.  The Yorkshire pudding was unreal.  I can't stress enough how good this tasted.  The brisket fell to bits, the veg was perfectly cooked and buttery and the gravy.....oh the gravy!


I like to go to new places each time I'm away from home, however, this place will definitely be on my list of places to return to.  


No comments:

Post a Comment