Saturday 30 July 2016

Melt, Aberdeen



I finally got to try Melt today after months of lusting after their cheesalicious Instagram pics.



It was everything I had imagined and more.  


The shop is little and works on a takeaway format.  There are a couple of wee coffee tables at the window, but they seem to be used as a seated queuing area, but could be used as a place to eat if the shop were a little quieter.



Geometric orange wallpaper adorns the walls of the wee shop.  Vintage pin up style paintings are hung upon those walls.  There is a formica cabinet filled with the sort of crockery that my granny might have had in her cupboard, nothing particularly fancy but a little nicer than the everyday stuff she used, and the sort that would only be taken out when other folk were there for supper.

The menu is great.  They clearly know what they're good at and have stuck with it, much to my delight.  It's great to see a new business flourish on their strengths.  




I opted for the 'Classic Melt', a blend of three cheeses, costing £4.20.  Alan opted for a 'Hag and Melt', consisting of  haggis, bacon, cheese and rocket, costing £5.00 - anything with haggis in and he's sold!

We waited for not much longer than five minutes and were presented with our wee bag of goodies and toddled back to the car.









My toastie was delicious!  The cheese was melted perfectly.  It was stringy.  It was gooey.  It was tasty.  It was filled to the edges of the perfectly toasted bread.  Alan had no complaints about his either.  I asked if he wanted a bit of mine, hoping he would offer me a bite of his.  He didn't want a bite of mine, knowing my game.  We're married now though - what's mine is mine and what's his is ours.  I sneaked a bite when he was too busy cooing over a passing shar pei.  His was fantastic too.  I might even have that one next time.  Although there's a chocolate one I had eyed up too.  I might have both!






I'm so glad there's a place like Melt in Aberdeen - it's just what the place needs - more small independent businesses to take it into line with other Scottish cities.  



I can hardly wait to go back for another cheesefest.










No comments:

Post a Comment