Sunday 18 June 2017

Carluccio's, St Pancras Station, London


This was just around the corner from the flat we were staying in.  I generally prefer to stay away from chain restaurants, especially when we're away from home, as there's so many lovely independent restaurants that I haven't tried.  However, we were hangry.

We needed fed and we needed fed NOW!

We had previously had brunch in Carluccio's in Aberdeen and enjoyed it so we were hopeful that the fare here would be of similar standard.  


We had the Grandioso Board to start.  Alan doesn't normally do well with sharing food, however, it seems I have whipped him into shape somehow.  Who would have thought that would have been possible?

The chicken liver pate was fantastic, (maybe even better than my own!) as were the garlic and mint green beans - something I think I'll try at home.



Speaking of trying things at home...

Even since we visited I've been trying to recreate the main course I had here - Penne Giardiniera.  Penne pasta with courgette and crispy spinach balls in a chilli/garlic/parmesan buttery sauce.  It was so delicious.  I've not quite mastered it yet, but I'm getting there.  

For pudding, Alan had Fudge and Rum Cake, which he was happy to learn didn't taste like rum...why pick a rum cake if you don't like rum?  Eejit.  Sadly, I didn't have space for pudding.  I've always had my eye on the amazing looking meringues that seem to grace the windows of all Carluccio's restaurants.  Maybe another time though.  The coffee I had was good though.  


It's been good, London.  

No comments:

Post a Comment