Friday 9 September 2016

Denny's, St.Edwards Drive, Richmond, Vancouver, Canada

Before embarking upon a cruise ship headed for Hawaii, we decided we would need some sustenance in the form of bacon and maple syrup.  Around the corner (and next door to the great place we ate last night) was chain diner, Denny's.

We were waited upon by a really lovely chap who brought me a cup of coffee, which he attentively refilled throughout our visit, and Alan a chocolate brownie milkshake.  I heard him speaking to other tables and during one conversation he mentioned that he was relatively new there, which was surprising as he seemed to whizz around the place as if he had been there for years. 

We both ordered the 'Original Grand Slam' which consisted of two big pancakes, two fried eggs, two sausages and two rashers of bacon. As if that wasn't enough, Alan wanted two extra pancakes.  I also ordered hash browns, not because I thought I would still be hungry, but because I'm a total brat and was jealous that Alan was ordering something extra.  'Food envy', I think the grown ups call it, but instead of waiting until the food arrived to be envious, I tried to outdo him.


It didn't work.  I was full by the time I had eaten half of my breakfast and he ended up having to finish some of mine.  I'll never learn.  Food is too tempting.  

We paid and continued our journey, happily wired on coffee and syrup.




No comments:

Post a Comment